HADDAM PUBLIC HEALTH, INC.
11 Jail Hill Road
A non-profit, general public health agency serving the Town of Haddam.
The objectives of Haddam Public Health, Inc. are:
- To promote individual, family and community health.
- To assist in the prevention of disease and maintenance of health.
- To provide health and social service guidance to individuals and families.
- To oversee town subsidized health care.
- To coordinate programs with those of other health, social and educational agencies in the community for the promotion of community health.
Haddam Public Health, Inc., offers the following services to Haddam residents:
1. Emergency Food Bank - . As always, we welcome any donations. At this time we especially need pancake syrup, rice, canned or packaged potatoes, jelly and jam..
2. Blood Pressure Screenings - held at Higganum Pharmacy, Candlewood Hill Road, Higganum Center on the first Monday of each month from 10:00 a.m. to noon and at the Senior Center on the third Monday of every other month from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
3. Durable Medical Equipment Loan Closet - walkers, wheelchairs, commodes, etc., are available for short term loan at no charge.
4. Meals-On-Wheels - available to a limited number of homebound senior citizens who meet the criteria as set by the Community Renewal Team.
5. Referral / linkage of residents to other health and social services as needed.
6. Educational Information - available on a wide variety of health related topics.
EMERGENCY FUEL BANK
The Haddam Emergency Fuel Bank is available for one time per family use during this current heating season. If you are in need of this service, please call Candace Casale, Haddam Public Health at (860)345-4621. Monetary donations are also welcome at any time and may be directed to the Haddam Emergency Fuel Bank, c/o Liberty Bank, 116m Bridge Street, Haddam, CT 06438.
For further information about any of these services, contact Candace Casale,
RN, BSN, Public Health Coordinator or Andrea Hearlth, Administrative Assistant
at (860)345-4621 from 9:00 a.m. to2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Thad King, Health Director 860-345- 8531 ext 221
The Health Director is responsible for all health concerns in the Town of Haddam. The following departments are under the direction of his office: Registered Sanitarian, Town Sanitarian/Engineer (septic systems and wells), the Animal Control Officer (testing animals for disease), and the Land Use Office Coordinator.
All wells and septic systems require final approval by the Health Director, who reviews and approves these matters in conformance with the Connecticut State Health Code.