1. Properly completed application (must be notarized). Click here to Download the Pistol Permit Application.
2. Copy of your Birth Certificate or Passport.
3. Letter of Certificate of Competency to Handle Firearms. (NRA Certificate).
4. One set of fingerprints – State Police. You can get the prints done electronically at the Department of Public Safety, 1111 Country Club Road, Middletown, CT or you may call the Resident Troopers and set up an appointment at: 860-345-2769. ** Resident Troopers take fingerprints with ink which may make the entire process take longer**
5. Two checks, both made payable to the Treasurer, State of Connecticut, one in the amount of $12.00 for Federal processing and the second in the amount of $50.00 for State of Connecticut processing and background check.
6. After fingerprints have been approved, a $70.00 check made payable to the Town of Haddam is required for the permit. This can be a personal check or cash.
NOTE: When you bring your permit to the Department of Public Safety for processing, bring a copy of your birth certificate or passport and an additional $70.00 fee will be required for your permanent permit which is good for five