Our Animal Control Officer assists Haddam residents with addressing animal related matters.
- Pick up unleashed and lost dogs
- Pick up injured/sick animals and seek medical treatment
- Provide advice/guidance to residents to nuisance animals
- Provide advice/guidance to residents on wildlife nuisance animals (with assistance from DEEP)
- Find homes for impounded and unclaimed animals
- Conduct annual rabies clinic in June
- Ensure that dogs and cats are properly vaccinated
- Issue citations as necessary
Our Animal Control Officer does not handle nuisance wildlife animals. If you have an issue with wildlife please contact DEEP. Click here to visit the DEEP website. For general information you can call them at (860) 424-3000.
|Daun Kowalski||Animal Control Officer||(860) 682-2710|