Haddam Emergency Services Resources
Steps to take before the next disaster:
1.) Sign up for alerts! We will provide essential information quickly in a variety of situations, such as severe weather, fires, floods, unexpected road closures, evacuation of buildings or neighborhoods, and crime watch emergencies.
Sign up for the Connecticut Emergency Alerting & Notification system: https://www.ct.gov/ctalert
http://www.haddam.org/subscribe (check Resident Troopers)
Haddam Neck residents should also register with East Hampton https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736722082#/login
and East Haddam alerts as well. https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736721599#/login
2) If you have a generator, keep it in working order. Follow the manufacturer’s storage instructions; make sure you have a supply of gas on hand; and know generator safety. Operating a generator indoors or in an attached garage can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, and plugging a generator into an outlet in your home can backfeed electricity into power lines—a serious hazard for repairmen who may be working on or around those lines.
3) Have at least a three-day supply of nonperishable food, potable water, medications, and other necessities.(See Emergency Prep Guide) And filling your bathtub with water before a power outage really does allow you to flush the toilets.
4) Get a battery-powered or wind-up radio. Check WPLR (99.1 FM), WTIC (1080 AM, 93.7 FM), and WLIS (1420). Remember that your car has a radio.
5) Keep cell phones and other battery-powered items charged up before an event.
6) If you have special needs that require specialized equipment or attention, tell someone trustworthy beforehand, so that they can check on you and assist you in an emergency.
7) Shelter at home if possible. By taking the precautions listed here, you may be able to remain in your home. If not, call 211 for information on open shelters.
8) If you have an immediate emergency, call 911.
Haddam Volunteer Ambulance: (860) 345-2500
Haddam Volunteer Ambulance Service (HVAS), Inc. is a non-profit community organization dedicated to providing the residents of Haddam and Higganum with prompt and professional pre-hospital emergency medical services.
Disaster Recovery Center:
FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers assist residents in the event of a disaster. FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a Nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards. Visit www.DisasterAssistance.gov for additional information.
Fire Company http://www.haddamfire.com/
Headquarters (voicemail line) - 860-345-4945
Station No. 1 - 860-345-5151
Station No. 2 - 860-345-5152
Station No. 3 - 860-345-5153
For a poison emergency in the U.S. call 1-800-222-1222
Connecticut Poison Control Center
|Enrico Milardo||Haddam Resident State Trooper||(860) 345-2769|
|Joseph Deangelo||Haddam Resident State Trooper||(860) 345-2769|