Notice from the Haddam Town Clerk’s Office
Starting April First our Online Index and documents will be able at no charge
Due to the COVID-19 – The Haddam Land Records will be available on line at no cost from April 1, 2020 to April 30, 2020. If you are a current subscriber your subscription will be extended for an additional
To search index and documents log on go to internet explorer
2.Click on Town Clerk
3.Click on Haddam Land Records
4.Click on Subscription Users
5. A box will come up requesting Unser Name and Password
The Unser name is COVID-19 and the Password is COVID-19
Town Clerk’s Office will be open by appointment
Monday thru Friday 9am to 2PM
NOTICE OF FEE INCREASE LAND RECORD RECORDINGS
Effective December 1, 2017
• The fee to record a document on the land records is $60.00 for the first page.
• The $5.00 for each additional page and the $2.00 fee for conveyances over $2,000 remain the same.
• The Fee for filing a Foreclosed Property Registrations is $60.00
• Nominee (MERS) fees have not changed and will remain at the flat fee of $159.00 for Releases and Assignments (when Nominee is the Releasor/Grantor), and $159.00 plus $5.00 for each additional page for other Nominee (MERS) recordings.
The Town Clerk's office is generally the first office a newcomer to Haddam visits. We answer all kinds of questions and meet many interesting people. The following is a general list of what the Town Clerk's Office does:
Serve the public, record deeds, vital statistics, voting records, town meetings, dog licenses, hunting & fishing licenses, transfer station permits, commission records, survey maps, agendas, record and book maintenance, terms of elected officials, Town Charter and Ordinances, resignation and appointment of elected officials, help with genealogy work, certify petitions, prepare elections and referendum.